- 4:53pm Thursday, May 23, 2013: Obama Defends Drone Strikes But Says No Cure-All - PBS NewsHour - Spotlight - Google NewsObama Defends Drone Strikes But Says No Cure-All
On the defensive over a trio of controversies, President Barack Obama refocused the debate Thursday with a speech laying out his administration's rationale for the use of unmanned drone strikes against terrorism targets abroad. WASHINGTON -- President ...
and more »
- 3:15pm Thursday, May 23, 2013: A Better 3-D Printer Jessica Leber - MIT Technology Review - Spotlight - Google NewsA Better 3-D Printer Jessica Leber
MIT Technology Review
Formlabs is bringing down the costs of a better 3-D printing technique, but it must survive a patent lawsuit. By Jessica Leber on May 23, 2013. Why It Matters. Affordable 3-D printing could spur advances in engineering and custom product design. 3-D printer ...
- 2:58pm Thursday, May 23, 2013: 36 Hours in Auckland, New Zealand - New York Times - Spotlight - Google News
New York Times36 Hours in Auckland, New Zealand
New York Times
Admittedly, few fly all the way to New Zealand just to visit Auckland, the country's largest city. Most aim to explore the otherworldly landscapes with which, thanks to the silver screen, this remote nation has become associated. But before delving into the ...
- 1:25pm Thursday, May 23, 2013: 'Great Gatsby' Composer on Working With Baz Lurhmann, Florence Welch and ... - RollingStone.com - Spotlight - Google News
RollingStone.com'Great Gatsby' Composer on Working With Baz Lurhmann, Florence Welch and ...
While Jay-Z has received most of the attention for the music for Baz Luhrmann's adaptation of The Great Gatsby, the score was created by Luhrmann's longtime musical collaborator, Scottish composer Craig Armstrong. Luhrmann and Armstrong have ...
and more »
- 11:54am Thursday, May 23, 2013: Stress may be causing your cravings - CNN International - Spotlight - Google NewsStress may be causing your cravings
(CNN) -- What do drug addicts, serial dieters and children from troubled homes have in common? More than you might think. Stress can play a pernicious role in triggering a vicious cycle that leaves these groups overwhelmed by uncontrollable impulses and ...
and more »