- 1:34pm Thursday, December 12, 2013: Lockdown drills for kids; appealing to smokers' vanity: Opinion roundup - OregonLive.com - opinion - Google NewsLockdown drills for kids; appealing to smokers' vanity: Opinion roundup
Here are some highlights from the world of opinion, along with the latest editorials from The Oregonian editorial board. Dahlia Lithwick writes for Slate about the wisdom of putting kids through regular -- and sometimes terrifying -- lockdown drills.
- 12:09pm Thursday, December 12, 2013: DSHS shouldn't abandon foster care - The Seattle Times - opinion - Google NewsDSHS shouldn't abandon foster care
The Seattle Times
The Department of Social and Health Services, in a defensive crouch, fought hard, losing in Whatcom County Superior Court, at the state Supreme Court and ultimately in the court of public opinion. Not the makings of a feel-good story. But DSHS ...
- 11:07am Thursday, December 12, 2013: Opinion: Burge Still Haunts Chicago - NBC Chicago (blog) - opinion - Google News
NBC Chicago (blog)Opinion: Burge Still Haunts Chicago
NBC Chicago (blog)
Opinion: Burge Still Haunts Chicago. Man is freed after 30 years in jail for a confession extracted under torture. By Mark W. Anderson. | Thursday, Dec 12, 2013 | Updated 10:52 AM CST. View Comments (. ) |. Email. |. Print. Opinion: Burge Still Haunts ...
Prosecutors won't retry Ill. man in '82 rape
Watertown Public Opinion all 86 news articles »
- 9:44am Thursday, December 12, 2013: Opinion: Flirty Obama Owes Us An Apology - Fox News (blog) - opinion - Google NewsOpinion: Flirty Obama Owes Us An Apology
Fox News (blog)
By Andrea Peyser. Maybe he went into sugar shock over a Danish pastry. The president of the United States, leader of the free world, standard-bearer for everything upright, good and wholesome about the nation he leads, lost his morality, his dignity ...
- 2:44am Thursday, December 12, 2013: 'Come and kill us': Constitutions and necropolitics from Egypt to Bahrain - Aljazeera.com - opinion - Google News'Come and kill us': Constitutions and necropolitics from Egypt to Bahrain
o. Prawer Plan buries the two state solution. o. Charity is not a substitute for justice. o. Ethiopia and Eritrea: Brothers at war no more. o. Lulu: Fake feminism for the 'hashtag generation'. o. Here is why deconstructing Zionism is important. > <. o ...